Thursday, September 11, 2008

GREAT TIP TO SPREAD YOUR BLACKEYED SUSAN FLOWERS


When we first moved in to our home 5 years ago we planted a blackeyed susan plant that had 4-5 flowers on it. Well one of my good friends is in the landscape business and she told me to "sprinkle" the seeds in the center of the flower in early fall so that the flower would spread. Every year we "sprinkle" these centers along our flower beds and we have watched them grow year after year.
This is a great way to fill your flower beds or give some to your friends to do in their flower beds. They are hearty plants that last most of the summer and they are beautiful. What an inexpensive way to add to your landscape!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Hmmmm...I don't have black-eyed Susans, but I do have some kind of daisy out there. I think I'll try to spread the seeds like you did and see what comes up next year! Great idea!